Department of Counseling Psychology
Who we are
In this severely competitive world, people are suffering from countless problems, injuries, and stresses. The Department of Counseling Psychology aims to cultivate professionals who can alleviate and better the harsh realities of life by providing expert services in psychological counseling.
In order to address people’s various anxieties and mental problems, and to further restore the meaning and happiness of life, it is necessary to acquire in-depth psychological knowledge and professional counseling and psychotherapy techniques. Therefore, in the Department of Counseling Psychology the following coursework is offered to equip students with the relevant knowledge and practical skills: Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Counseling, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Physiological Psychology, Psychological Evaluation, Clinical Psychology, Gender Psychology, Counseling, Child and Adolescent Counseling, Family Counseling, Group Counseling, Career Counseling, Addiction Counseling, etc.
Educational Mission and Goals
The purpose of the study is to produce professionals capable of providing counseling services by scientifically understanding the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual aspects of human life. The educational objectives are as follows.
- •We cultivate talented professionals who can practice altruistic love and devote themselves to solving problems that suffer the human mind.
- •We cultivate professionals who can provide professional counseling services grounded on sound theory.
- •We cultivate intellectuals who have the capacity to study counseling and psychology as scientific disciplines.
- •We train and educate students to have a healthy Christian mind and a caring mind.
- •We cultivate professionals who can adapt to the rapidly changing world of globalization.
What we are looking for:
- •Students who are interested in promoting human happiness and health
- •Students who are interested in the scientific pursuit of human happiness and health
- •Students with basic communication skills and problem-solving abilities based on the understanding of the human condition
Who we want you to become:
- •Psychological counselors who have the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to promote human happiness and health.
- •Scientific research experts who apply theory into practice in promoting human happiness and health
- •Human service specialists with on-the-job skills based on understanding of the human condition
Vision and Career
- •Professional counselors working in elementary and secondary schools
- •Clinical psychologist, youth counselor, career counselor, psychologist, counselor psychologist, etc.
- •Graduate school studies followed by a career in one of these fields: counseling psychology, clinical psychology, health psychology, military counseling, pastoral counseling, child counseling, juvenile counseling, geriatric counseling, addiction counseling, sexual counseling, career counseling, etc.
- •SU was selected as a CK-II university in the Metropolitan area, and the department is affiliated with SU’s Health Science Specialization Project. As a result, students are able to receive government subsidies in their pursuit of becoming an addiction specialist.