Graduate School of Theology
Who we are
‘The best theological education institution of the Korean Adventist Church’ The Graduate School was accredited by the Ministry of Education in 1988. The graduate school, being true to the tradition and basic beliefs of the Adventist Church, provides holistic education of the mind, body, and spirit. Furthermore, in order to transform minds and change the world, the school is fully invested in spreading the Gospel at home and abroad. To this end, the school produces pastors, theologians, church leaders of the Adventist persuasion. In addition, we educate missionaries who spread the Biblical-Christian faith in all corners of the world through 1,000 Missionaries, PMM, and others. In answering to the great commission of Jesus, the Theology Graduate School offers Master of Divinity as a means of successfully accomplishing the call to spread the good news.
As an educational institution of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, SU’s mission rests on cultivating holistic intellectuals with a healthy mind, body, and spirit. The goal is to help students lead meaningful lives, first, as happy individuals and, second, as people who make a difference in the world for fellow mankind and nature through love and truth. Ultimately, the mission is to impart God’s love that all may taste of the everlasting life freely given through Jesus Christ.
The mission of the Graduate School of Theology is to cultivate ministers and spiritual leaders who will serve the church, community and nation in steadfast commitment to the Adventist faith and through meticulous study and application of the Scriptures, all this in line with the national educational requirements and Adventist principles.
- •To cultivate spiritual leaders who will change people and change the world.
- •To cultivate qualified and spiritual pastors who have the depth and practical insight of theological study.
- •In addition to nurturing dedicated, vocational pastors with a heart of service, the program also fosters passionate pastors firmly grounded in the faith and missiology of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- •Furthermore, the school produces spiritual pastors with high moral character who are respected by all.
- •Lastly, the school nurtures true spiritual leaders with a healthy balance of mind, body, and spirit.
- •Department of Theology